Monday 2 April 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-04-02

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

It was a short work week with my usual Monday off and then Good Friday.  Friday was spent at home doing regular housechores and getting ready to spend 2 days at my parents' house for Easter.
We went to see my nephew play hockey - it's his 1st year and he made the winning goal! Then we went to my cousin's house for dinner - 1st time we got to see his house (our fault).
The kids went shopping in the afternoon.  Supper was at my parents'.  The kids went to play bowling in the evening and they had a great time.
Sunday was Easter dinner.  Cold and windy but it was a good time.  Mechoui (pork loins) with homemade fries (30 lbs of potatoes), salads, chocolate fountain and fruits for dessert and tons of other desserts.  Headcount was 52 people.

The weather
Sunny and cold today.  A cold week in the forecast.  Easter weekend was gray, windy and cold.

What I'm reading
Ongoing - The myth of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky
and Rapt by Robin Cook.

On my tv ... way too much!
La Voix
Walking dead Season 6
Unité 9
'O
L'échappée
Survivant désigné
La liste noire
District 31

Menu - planning
Monday -  Chicken fingers
Tuesday - Cabbage rolls
Wednesday - pork chops & potatoes
Thursday - Hamburgers
Friday- ?

On my to-do list
Friday:
Regular housechores .  DH got the old sheetrock off the 2 walls in the bathroom that had ceramic tile on it.
Laundry 
Had to clean the whole bathroom again.

Monday
Menu-planning
Vaccum basement
Prep gym clothes for tomorrow and work clothes
Work on some crafts
Blog
LAUNDRY!  We spent the day outside for Easter and had 2 fires going so everything smells of smoke.
DH is off work too, so now he is gone to do the groceries ☺


What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on socks.  
Have the felt ornaments cut out for my nephew and 2 nieces.  Now I need to sew them.

Looking forward to
DD will probably coming to spend a few days at home this week as she is on vacation.

Simple pleasures
Eating sushi!

From the camera

Me with my little sister and little brothers :)

Let's not forget Easter this year was also April's fool's day!

Egg hunt prep

Funny food

Putting up a big tent to cut out the wind


Quote of the week


11 comments:

  1. I need to make some more socks! Its been a while, but they were so much fun to do!! Nice photos!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right family time is the best! Sounds like you had a great Easter with your family! Enjoyed your post! Praying you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful and relaxing Easter weekend with lots of good food and fun family time! Congratulations to your nephew for making the winning goal! That's awesome! (I love hockey!!!) Nice family photos and funny food pic! Have a great week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 52 people! Quite a crowd. Glad you had a great Easter with your family. Enjoyed your photos. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Family is the most important thing ever!

      Delete
  6. Cabbage rolls sound good right now. I'd love to see photos of your ornaments you are making with felt. I'm always looking for one to gift each Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post pictures as I finish them. you can use the label CraftsImade on the right hand side of the blog to find them.

      Delete
  7. I'm running super late this week, but wanted to make sure and stop by. Hope you had a WONDERFUL week!

    ReplyDelete