Thursday 7 July 2016

Christmas in July 2016 day 7 / Noël en juillet 2016 jour 7

CIJ day 1 / jour 1
Every year I send out some Christmas cards.  Some are for family and some are for my MHH friends.  I mail around 20.
I always say I’ll make my own cards, but I’ve never done it yet.

For my MHH friends I always add a little something to the card (something thin because mailing costs are prohibitive!)

Here’s what I did in previous years :
*        2010 : Recipe
*        2011 : Christmas coupons (Tags)
*        2012 : Grow your own tree
*        2013 : Tea with poem (in a ribbon pocket attached to the card)
*        2014 : Felt holly leaves
*        2015 : ugly christmas sweater (felt ornament)

More ideas for small things to add to Christmas cards :

Christmas printables
*        Christmas paper dolls
*        Bookmarks
*        Subway art
*        Game
*        Tags

Picture

Quote / poem

Felt ornament

Crochet ornament

Recipe



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful ideas!! I agree with you... postage can get pretty expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific idea! I usually add an Annual Christmas letter, but I'm bored with that. I may "borrow" one of your suggestion. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I want to be on your Christmas card list. Has a card swap already started on MHH? I missed the ornament exchange - AGAIN - I'm not going to miss it next year.

    ReplyDelete